Thursday, January 29, 2004

Well, I had a bit of an adventure last nigth as I brought the car to my parents garage to replace the alternator. I scraped the ice from the windows, then started the car and headed right out, I know i was fighting the clock on this one. It is only about 5 miles to my parents house, so i figured even with the lights I should be able to make it. I turned off everything that I did not need, just to be sure. As I got to within 1/2 mile of my parents house (and having hit every red light on the way), my lights started to dim. I planned on turning the headlights off as soon as I got off the main road. I turned off Rt 9 and started down the street in my parents development. The car died. I had to get my dad to push me the 2 blocks to his house to get the car into the garage. Ugh! i guess the alternator was not charging to o well, i should have had no trouble with that drive.

No comments: