Sunday, December 24, 2006

I love this night....

I love Christmas Eve, especially since Katya came home. Tonight Rain took Katya to see my mom sing at church. I took advantage of the time and played Santa's helper. I have stuff stashed all over the house so it will be easier to get it out later after Katya is sleeping. The attic (which is where we stash most of the gifts) stairs are right in front of Katya's bedroom door, and there is always a chance that she will wake up while we are getting everything out. This way, everything is much more accessible than it has been in the past. I love wrapping al the stuff up, but what I really love is putting it all around the tree and then sleeping in on Christmas day. Last year Katya went out to the living room then came back to the bedroom to wake us up and tell us that Santa had been there. To me, it is moments like that which make parenting all worthwhile.

No comments: