Saturday, December 08, 2007

Resurrecting the railroad

Well, after not running my trains for many months I decided I needed to
get the cover off the table and find a way to work on it again. I
decided to start over and build a modular system. I originally had
envisioned a train system that could snap together in different
configurations and be taken apart when not in use. I think I found just
the way to do it too. When I get done with the initial pieces I will
have 4 4' straightaways and 4 90 degree bends. I will be able to make it
8x8 square, 4x12 or 4x8 depending on which sections I hook together. The
best part is that Fred can build sections to hook to it at his house and
bring them down to play. It will stack against a wall easily and can
take up the whole basement if I want to. If I get tired of one layout I
can build another piece & swap it out.
--

No comments: