Sunday, July 17, 2011

I is a welder?

This weekend I went to Torin's with the trailer to fix the welds that
were cracked. He set me up and I made all the repairs myself, so I have
nobody but myself to blame if something breaks again. After I fixed the
6 cracked welds, I took 2 pieces of angle iron and welded on a mount for
the strap box on the side of the trailer. I also added a pair of pins to
the ramp so I could add 2 metal bars to secure the ramp instead of the
loose fitting pins that it had on it. I am so glad I added the pins. By
the time I made it 20 miles to Fred's, one of the welds securing the
original ramp pins was all but ripped off, and before we made it home it
was completely free on the one side. I added the 2 metal bars today and
the ramp doesn't move more than a few thousandths of an inch now. I also
drilled & added 10 eye bolts to the sides of the trailer so I have
somewhere secure to hook straps to where they can't slide around.

No comments: