Sunday, August 17, 2003

Yesterday's madness.....

Let's see, the day started out with us waking up to the sound of thunder. There's nothing wise than packing up a wet tent, so we jumped out of bed and made a mad dash to get everything packed before it could get rained on. Then it didn't rain, this should have been an omen.... On the way home there was an accident on the PA turnpike. An 18 wheeler full of lumber lost control, hit the wall, and turned over spreading its load over all 4 lanes of highway. Then a car hit the rubble, jumped the center wall and hit another one head on. We sat for well over an hour as they med-evac'ed people out and cleaned up the mess. When we got to Philly, the master cylinder in the truck went and we lost our brakes. I was able to get the truck to a place off the highway without incident. I canned AAA and they could not locate a towing company that could tow the truck and trailer.. Who would figure a tow truck doesn't have a ball hitch??? I had to call PAsmokeater to come get the trailer and get it home along with my wife while I waited for the tow truck. I didn't get home with the truck till after 11:30 last night. We left at noon... It should only have taken around 7 hours to get home. Not a fun day. Today I get to change the master cylinder... Oh yay.

No comments: