Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I have a headache.. nothing wants to cooperate today. It is just one of those days.. on the bright side, I do have quite a few new changes made on the work web site. At lease that is cooperating with me.

I cant wait till this weekend - I want to take the jeep out and disconnect the sway bars and see just how much that gets me as far as flex goes.. Should be good for an inch or 2. Whatever it gets me has to be better than the stock flex from this thing. the front end is pretty tight.

Last night i had a bit of a scare... the jeep made this horrible grinding/scraping/rattle from the rear.. it sounded like it was coming from the driver side wheel - it was. I pulled the wheel to find an interesting brake configuration. THe jeep has 4 wheel disc brakeds, but the emergency brake is a drum brake inside the rear rotor. from the looks of things, nobody ever checked them because there was "old" rust on them.. not the fresh, i just used the brakes kind of rust.. the pads were totally disintegrated, the drier side must have just fallen apart yesterday and the pieces of the brake shoe was what i was hearing. the passenger side looks like it fell apart a long time ago by the rust on the metal backing (where shoes are supposed to be attached but are missing). ugh! looks like a brake job this weekend. that would explain why i have no emergency brake!

No comments: