Thursday, July 01, 2004

Day 8 as parents

Katya is doing well, She is walking much better now. She loves to be held by us
now and loves to roam in the parks. She is getting ready to start running I
think, she has the arm motion down and is starting to pick up speed. Instead of
a slow wobble its a fast walk now. We got to see the Trans-Siberian railway
station - looks pretty much like any back home, and the statue of Khabarov (the
guy that first explored this region). We should have her passport and court
documents making the adoption offficial on Tuesday, then we get ready to head
to Moscow and thn back home. We're almost halfway there, I can't wait till we
get home. We have been away for 12 days so far and have 19 to go. We do like
the region, there is quite a bit of diversity here and it is really not all
that bad (but it is definitely poor). But, we are getting very homesick. We are
glad for our CDs from home and the books we brought I've read 2 already and
have one more before I hit the magazines I brought along. We are trying to do
different things each day to break up the monotony, but it is still getting to
us. We are still eating at the hotel room when we can but are getting a variety
of foods at the grocery store and eating dinner in the restaurant every few
days too. I'm starting to lose track of the days here, they just seem to go on
forever, the same thing day in and day out. I wish we could leave sooner, but
we can't. Well, I think that is enough for now. More in a few days.

No comments: