Monday, October 25, 2004

Pine Barrens Cleanup 2005

I had a blast yesterday. We had about 60 or so 4x4's show up for the cleanup. I dragged my trailer along for the ride. Our trail leader was pretty good to us, he watched out for the deep spots so us stock Jeeps wouldn't sink. I had a 2005 Liberty following me with no tow points. It was kind of fun pulling the trailer through the water and mud. I just kept on the gas and it made it through with no problems (other than a broken weld on a fender - anyone local have a welder and willing to do a quick repair job?) We made it through most of our trail ride with an empty trailer ( I was starting to wonder if it was a good idea to drag it along). Then we hit the jackpot. All kinds of stuff, wood lathe, a dryer, other crap. Its amazing what people will dump in the woods (Anyone ever hear of bulk pickup????) We filled 2 30yd dumpsters and could have probably filled another one.

No comments: