Monday, November 27, 2006

What a weekend

Well, we buried Tut on Monday, that was kind of sad. Katya wanted to help dig his grave and put him in it so I let her help me. She even carried him outside. This was entirely her idea, by the way.
 
It is interesting to observe the feline social structure in action. Gizmo and Zoomba went around the house together most of the day looking in every little crack & crevice for Tut. Since Thursday, Lovey is much more social and we are seeing him much more in the living room than before. Zoomba is my new breakfast lap cat. Tut used to hop in my lap a few days a week while I eat breakfast, and on a rare occasion Zoomba would, but since Thursday she has been in my lap every morning.
 
Katya has handled it very well. Rain slept on the couch Thursday morning because she got up real early worrying about tut. Katya brought her all of her stuffed animals while she slept and covered her with them so she wouldn't be lonely. At one point Rain was crying and Katya went and sat on the couch. She patted the couch next to her and said "Sit here Momma, don't cry." When Rain sat next to her Katya gave her a big hug and told her it was alright, and not to be sad. I am amazed att he amount of compassion that this 4 1/2 year old shows.
 
Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful for the most part.

No comments: