Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a day...

This morning I went to Home Depot to pick a few things up. When I came
out I saw a puddle of anti-freeze under the Jeep. That's never a good
thing. I drove it home with the low coolant light on so I knew I had a
problem. When I got home and shut it down, the radiator let loose. So,
off I went to the parts store to buy a new radiator and hoses - no sense
putting the old ones back on. I figured while I have the radiator out I
might as well install a transmission cooler too. This way things won't
get as hot when I'm towing the trailer camping. On a long run things get
pretty hot at times. After 4 hours and some help the Jeep is running
again. I'm glad it let loose this morning and not tomorrow when we're
towing the trailer to go camping. With Pennsic coming up too this is a
very good thing.

No comments: