Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Oh, so fun.....not!

SO, a few days ago we noticed we had luke warm water instead of hot
water. Odd, but it got hot again. We also noticed some air in the water
lines. Maybe the well was going? Nope... This morning before I went to
work I shut off the water to the heater (I installed a shutoff valve
when i replace the last one). Tonight i turned it back on so Katie could
get a shower, etc. About an hour later Rain comes running up the stairs
from going to do laundry. Water was pouring out of the water heater and
it was all over the floor. I shut it off, grabbed the shop vac and we
proceeded to clean up what we could. I turned the water in for a few
seconds to see where the leak was and it was the lower heating element,
so off to Lowe's I went to buy another one. I've seen this before. The
element gets a pinhole leak and the element explodes the tube it's in
and then water comes pouring out of the element. I replaced the element
and no leaks so far, thankfully. Needless to say this is not how I
wanted to spend my evening.

No comments: