Thursday, August 05, 2010

finally loaded...

Well, only a few hours behind schedule we are finally loaded and ready
to roll in the morning. I had the coolers iced down and loaded in the
blue jeep around 4:00 and the rest by 5:00. When I was doing my last
inspection, I spotted a cracked rim on the front of the Jeep. Since I
did not want to do a 400 mile run on a cracked rim, we unloaded the blue
jeep and loaded it all into the black one. I am so glad we have 2
vehicles capable of towing a trailer. When I was doing my light check, I
noticed I had no running lights, so I had to do a quick bypass of the
light controller for the trailer and tapped it into the vehicle
directly. Since we plan to leave before dawn, having runnign lights is
important. If we were going to leave during the day I would have left it
alone since I would not have needed them for the trip. The important
thing is we are loaded up and almost ready to leave now. Only about 8
hours until departure. :)

No comments: