Sunday, February 27, 2005

Wow... It's hard to believe that this time last year we were packing for our first trip to Russia. We left for Russia on Feb 29th last year (Leap day... funny). We were nervous about going to see the little girl that we wanted to adopt, and really nervous about travelling better than half way around the world. Neither of us had ever been out of the country (I had never flown further than Texas). Now that I look back on it, it all seems so long ago now. I would not be nervous about it now, I'm a seasoned world traveler. I've travelled 15 time zones and seen the sunrise over Europe. We have been to the Kremlin and within spitting distance of China. I've stared down the barrel of a Russian T1 tank (Museum piece) and walked the streets of Moscow as if I was in New York City. We got to see the world's largest bell and cannon. And best of all, we got our little girl. How many people can top that? Our daughter speaks English like an American, eats American food, and watches Americn TV. If we did not tell you she was adopted from Russia, you would never guess it from seeing her. She loves her Grandma and Grandpa, all 5 cats (she even yells at them when they are bad). I can't wait to take her to Pennsic with us this year so she can have the experience. I can't wait to see what the next year has to offer.

No comments: